Thursday, February 08, 2007

January G-One

Holy heck where did January go! The blogging activity suggests that I have not been knitting, but I have. I joined Knit'n lit's It's not a gift. My project is Starsky from Knitty and so far I have completed the back and both sleeves. Currently I am stalled on the first front as my brain needs a moment(or two) to tackle keeping track of the cable pattern and the decrease on each edge, "X" amount of rows, but not corresponding rows. See how confusing! I hope to get to that this weekend, maybe blocking phots for next week?

Not only have I been knitting but I have been winning! Winning yarn is the best feeling ever. I won Socks that Rock yarn from the blogfamous Cara of January One "Calling all Virgins" post. Thank you Cara and Blue Moon You know how to rock a virgins world! I'll let you know when it arrives.

I must confess I have found another hobby, I am only in the fledgling stages of quilting,but I love it. I discovered that while I truly destested sewing (the bad Ragedy Ann nightie experience back in Grade 8)I love quilting. I have almost finished a practice quilt top for L (my almost 6 year old), using his favourite blankies. It is by no means a work of art, but it was fun and my boy LOVES it. Practice, practice!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on winning! :o)